Wednesday, March 20, 2013

90s Grunge vs. Kitsch
















Here is what I wore to my friends birthday meal and drinks last night which was super fun and always good to catch up with everyone, now that were all off into the world of work and university! I tend to go for dresses or skirts for special occassions, but this this time I wanted to shake it up abit.

I have actually had these polkadot trousers for quite some time, i have just never really worn them much... i dont know why.. i think there really cute and fun! However, navy is quite a hard colour to match and finding shoes to go with these proved to be quite a challenge - until my versatile nude heels came into my life.

Overall, this look is quite grungy and 90s inspired, with the netting and red lipstick, but the trousers bring it up to date and give a little kitsch look. I absolutely love netting, and seeing this long sleeve netted top in H&M for just a tenner, I couldnt resist. However, I am still on the look out for a white one so if any of you spot one.. let me know :)

I would love to know what you think of my smart/casual look, feel free to comment below,

Have a good week people xxxxx


Vest Top - Primark £3.00
Netted long sleeve top - H&M £9.99
Navy Trousers - Topshop ( old season, not sure what the price was)
Nude heels - Boohoo.com £15.00
Red/Coral Lipstick - Barry M (shade 151)
Nails - Acrylic ( o.p.i. - alpine snow)


10 comments: